Royal Decree 463/2020 14th March, declaring a state of alarm for the health crisis due to Covid-19. Businesses to close to the public as from 15th March inclusive, are detailed in Article 10, which refers to the containment measures in the field of commercial activity, cultural facilities, recreational establishments and activities, hotel and restaurant activities, and other additional activities. It specifically states that:
1. The opening to the public of retail establishments and establishments is suspended, with the exception of retail commercial establishments for food, beverages, products and basic necessities, pharmaceutical establishments, medical, optical and orthopedic products, hygienic products, hairdressing salons, newspapers. and stationery, automotive fuel, tobacconists, technological and telecommunications equipment, pet food, internet commerce, telephone or correspondence, dry cleaners and laundries. Any other activity or establishment that in the opinion of the competent authority may pose a risk of contagion is suspended.
2. The permanence in commercial establishments whose opening is permitted must be strictly necessary so that consumers can purchase food and basic necessities, the possibility of consuming products in the establishments themselves being suspended.
In any case, crowds will be avoided and consumers and employees will be controlled to maintain the safety distance of at least one meter in order to avoid possible contagion.
3. The opening to the public of the museums, archives, libraries, monuments, as well as of the premises and establishments in which public shows take place, the sports and leisure activities indicated in the annex to this royal decree are suspended.
4. Hotel and restaurant activities are suspended, and home delivery services can be exclusively provided.
5. Verbenas, parades and popular festivals are also suspended.