On the 24th May, Spain approved the new tax form “modelo 179” for the reporting of holiday rentals, establishing the conditions and presentation process (Orden HFP/544/2018).
It creates an obligation to report information for “platforms” like Airbnb, Home Away, Booking.com and any entity that acts as an intermediary like Property Management Companies, who provide accommodation for touristic holidays, even if they do this with no charge.
The information to be provided in the tax form is detailed below:
• Identification of the owner or holders of the dwelling, of the owner of the right to lease the property and the people or entities renting the property.
• Identification of the property (full address) with specification of the cadastral reference.
• Number of days for the holiday booking as well as the start date
• Amount received in rent by the owner of the property.
• Contract number under which the property has been assigned to the intermediate declarant.
• Intermediation date in the operation.
• Means of payment (transfer, credit or debit card or other means of payment
The last three points detailed above are optional.
The tax form is to be presented electronically each quarter by the end of months April, July, October and January. However, in order to assist with the adaptation of systems to abide by this new obligation, the Authorities have declared that for 2018 exclusively, the return will be annual and will be presented from 1st to 31st January 2019. From then on, it will be quarterly.
Information by E.B.F Consulting S.L. E.B.F Consulting has been providing tax and accounting services to expatriates in Europe since 1999. Office is based in Lanzarote, Spain. Visit www.ebfconsulting.com for more details. Copyright © E.B.F Consulting 2018
All Rights Reserved